This Membership Agreement (the Agreement) is effective February 02, 2012 by and between the USARoomies.com (Online Rentals, LLC), hereinafter referred to as Community, accessed via http://www.usaroomies.com with a business address of 3300 Parker Lane, Austin, Texas 78741, and all current and future members of USARoomies.com (Online Rentals, LLC) hereinafter referred to as "Member".
By accessing, browsing or using the http://www.usaroomies.com website or by selecting I Accept during the membership registration, you represent that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Membership Agreement hereinafter referred to as Agreement.
1. Nature of the Service The Community is a social network facilitating the exchange of personal information between people. This socialization shall include reading the roommate profile pages of other members and possibly even contacting them. The Community provides to its members benefits such as but not exclusive to: Profiles of potential roommates.. The Community works like an online community of internet users.
2. User Registration and Information Member shall fill in the correct information requested in the User Registration form on the site. Member shall be required to promptly update the User Information on the site. Member shall select a username and password during the User Registration process. Member shall be responsible for: a) all use of the Site made by the Members username and password, and b) maintaining the confidentiality of the Members username and password.
3. Content The Content includes messages and other materials posted to roommate profiles, or other locations on the Site by the members of the Community. Member of the Community is deemed to grant the Community the nonexclusive right to post, display, copy, and modify the Content in connection with the operation of the Site and the Communities business. Further, the Member is deemed to grant the Community the nonexclusive right to post, display, copy, and sell the Content within the limitations set by the Member during the online publishing process. Member is also deemed to authorize the Community to disclose his/her personal data when the Member includes such personal data in the content.
4. Release If the Member has a dispute with one or more other Members, the Member shall release the Community (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
5. Privacy Community shall not sell or rent Members personal information to third parties without Members explicit consent. Community shall store and process Members information on computers located in the United States that are protected by physical as well as technological security devices. However, the Community shall be permitted to access and modify Members information.
6. Indemnity Member shall indemnify and hold the Community (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Members breach of this Agreement, or Members violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
7. No Agency No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
8. Terminating Membership Member shall choose to retire or delete the published content from the Communities site and it shall be no longer available or visible to other visitors. Terms regarding the status of the uploaded content shall remain applicable when the Member chooses to terminate the membership. Contents posted to the site, other than the published content, shall not be deleted or retired as a result of the Members termination.
9. Governing Law This Agreement shall be construed under and governed in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas.
10. Arbitration. Any dispute arising under this contract shall be resolved under the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association.
11. Limitation of Liability Member shall not hold Community responsible for other user Members content, actions or inactions, whether online or offline. Please be aware that we check every roommate picture and your wording in your roommate profile. Once in a while something could be overlooked. If you post nude pictures you will be banned from using the site. You must be at least 18 years of age to sign a contract and live on your own therefore you must be 18 to use the Community and you are stating you are 18 years of age or older.
12. By displaying a picture you are giving us permission to use your pictures for marketing of the website. However, if you like to be more private we will not do this on our social media.
13. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
14. Right now no full name, email addresses, phone numbers, website urls, social media information, any type of contact information is NOT allowed in a user profile. We have the right to delete this information in your profile that is not allowed and then change your sentence in your profile. Every profile has to be an individual looking for roommates, no apartment complex, student properties are allowed to create a profile for their property or several houses for rent. We have areas for your banners to upload for this advertisement.
15. We reserve the right to lock member’s email if their ip address is coming from a country and their profile seems misleading to who they say they are.
16. We reserve the right to lock member's email in high traffic areas until the member buys a $9.99 Lifetime VIP Membership to have their address verified, college email address if they have one and too help USA Roomies to get going. I want this website secure. Also, please understand that this website does not make any money and this is the only way for it to survive. Thanks for helping USARoomies.com survive in the flooded internet world.
17. Only the email address listed in your account on USARoomies.com (Online Rentals, LLC) has the right for support and questions about the account. Please keep your email address current.
18. Members are not allowed to share their account with other people than themselves unless the person is a family member (spouse, parent) helping the member look for a roommate situation.
19. If a non member pays for a membership for a member this does NOT give them access to the member's information and support.
20. Member needs to fill out their headline and body on their roommate profile about what they are looking for on this website.